domingo, 30 de agosto de 2009

VIRGIN GORDA

I took the small passanger ferry in Charlotte Amalie,United States Virgin Islands, in a gorgeous tropical morning and landed quietly in Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands, an hour later or so. The name of the island is not that gracious, if you understand latin languages and Columbus is supposedly the man to blame, because from the distance it looked to him as a lying fat lady.
As it was the low season I did not care to reserve a hotel room, which on arrival the immigration control office disliked and ordered me to go for a room and return to get back my passaport after the booking, which I did with no problem, as I had already an idea where to stay. Later in the day the hotel esplanade and bar, just in front of the beach, gave me the opportunity of a very beautiful sunset, with some other BVI islands and islets in the distance. Before that the afternoon had been rather stiily, there is no argument for any stress in these islands of absolute non challence and tropical quietness. I had just a short walk to the the Baths, more or less the only island's tourist spot, apart from the resorts. One can have a bath in the warmness of the sea waters under the protection of huge granite boulders, sometimes creating grottoes open to the sea.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário